Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!!

    I was originally planning to drive up to Binghamton last night and visit my bf's family and friends, but plans changed when I got out of work later than expected (though still an hour earlier than normal) and saw all the thunderstorms in the forecast. Instead I took the evening to relax, do some yoga, read and watch shows online.
     As I write this, I am not sure what I am doing today, but I will most likely either be in Philly or Binghamton finding a way to celebrate the 4th of July. After all I should celebrate finishing my third week of work at my new job as well.
     Since it's a holiday and summer, there is lots of talk about food and why not some festive food for the 4th of July. Here is my 4th of July dessert I made the other night.



        Chocolate dipped strawberries with blue sprinkles. I actually saw this idea on Pinterest last year, but by the time I had thought of making them last year, the grocery stores around me were sold out of blue sprinkles. Can you believe that?!? Sold out! I guess some other people were trying this idea as well. My chocolate dipping skills need some a lot of work, but they were still delicious.
         Happy 4th of July everyone!! Hope you are doing something fun and have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment