Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My Typical Daily Eats WIAW #3

       I take pictures of my food, but I usually don't take pictures of every meal, therefore I have just random pictures of dinners, maybe a lunch here or there and somehow rarely snap a picture of my breakfast but that is because usually it is the same thing, a bowl of oatmeal with some protein on the side and fruit on top. I finally have a picture of each of my meals for a typical day, especially now that I'm back at work I pack a salad for lunch daily and have been loving that it makes me eat more veggies daily.
    So let's begin with my breakfast, which is usually a bowl of oatmeal with about a tablespoon of chia seeds mixed in and topped with strawberries or blueberries. On the side I usually have bacon or sausage for some protein and fat to keep me full in the morning. This morning I also had one of Davida's strawberry cornbread muffins that I made. Very delicious by the way.


Many hours later, it's time for lunch, which I now enjoy outside in the city in a near by park or at an outdoor table. It's great to get some fresh air in the middle of the day and enjoy a delicious salad. My salads usually include some meat (honey ham or shredded chicken), spinach, cucumber, bell pepper, tomato and some blueberries or strawberries for a little sweetener and sometimes avocado. 


For a snack, I have been enjoying a mix of honey bunny grahams and cashews. 



and also these delicious pretzels




For dinner I have been eating hamburgers a few times a week. I find they are so easy to make patties, freeze and grab out of the freezer when I want something quick. Tonight I added brussel sprouts on the side. 



     If I am craving something sweet later, I sometimes eat a spoonful of cookie butter. So good!!



   And that wraps up my daily eats these days. I am trying to eat less processed foods and more veggies. I know I still eat some processed foods but I have cut back a lot and my stomach is definitely happier! Thanks Jen for hosting.




1 comment:

  1. great eats! What does that cookie butter taste like?

    ReplyDelete