Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Friday!!

   Finally Friday!! I feel like this week went by so slowly. I blame the gloomy rainy weather that we have had all week. But I can't complain too much because I would much rather have it be raining than snowing, so I am happy that it's warm outside.
     Today is my last Friday before I start working on Monday! I am excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't been working for over 3 months and it feels like ages ago. I was happy for the break in the beginning and then I made the big move to Philadelphia and have managed to keep myself busy for a while, but now I feel like I get more and more bored sitting at home, though mostly when it's raining and I can't walk to the park like the past few days. I did get a short walk in between rain showers the other day to the park and walked the trail around. The field and park is gorgeous with some trees blooming.



    However due to the rain, it was really humid and bugs kept flying in my face so I couldn't wait to get back inside.
      When it rains outside, that means I spend more time grocery shopping and in the kitchen cooking and baking. This is what happened yesterday.

          I made shredded chicken in the crock pot during the day, prepared turkey bacon and onion burgers for the freezer and made The Healthy Maven's strawberry corn muffin recipe, which I definitely recommend. They were so good. I may have eaten three last night after dinner...
          Today some more cooking will happen, or really spiralizing. I have a zucchini and cucumber to spiralize for salads. Also speaking of spiralizing, check out this awesome tote bag from Inspiralized. It was perfect for carrying my groceries yesterday.

         Well I hope the sun comes back out soon so I can soak up some more vitamin D before living in an office for 40 hours a week again. I am excited though to be learning some new things and working again though. I will also have time to read blogs while taking the train to work. It will be nice to not have to worry about driving!
      This weekend should be pretty laid back. No plans other than to work out and enjoy some outside time. However I am most looking forward to next weekend because I'm going to Buffalo to see one of my friends get married and get to visit with some other friends from school while I'm there. I am so excited because I haven't seen some of these friends in a couple years.
      Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment