Thursday, April 17, 2014

Exploring NYC Part 1

     On April 1, Brian and I drove down to NYC. We actually stayed in Secaucus, NJ and took a bus to NYC. I didn't really have a list of things to see and do because I haven't seen anything, so we were just going with the flow and exploring.
      We first went to Times Square which was a little overwhelming with all the lights and people. I mean I am used to lots of people when I go into downtown Chicago, but the lights of Times Square where so bright. I guess I'm not a NYC girl, but it was still fun.
         We walked passed Radio City Music Hall.


       While Brian got a snack (at the many street vendors), I noticed Magnolia Bakery. I have to be honest, I would have no idea this bakery was famous from Sex and the City (I've only watched the first season) before reading Heather's post a week before my trip. It just so happened she went there a couple weeks before me, so thanks Heather. Anyway we enjoyed some cupcakes from the bakery. The frosting was a little sweet for me, but the cupcakes were still delicious (I only got a picture of my cupcake).

        We walked around Rockefeller Plaza where there were a lot of eggs on display for Easter as part of the Great Faberge Egg Hunt of NY. I loved taking pictures of the eggs in that plaza. I can't imagine trying to find them all the eggs around NYC.
        Then there was Humpty Dumpty. I can't forget him and my beautiful bridge along his wall.

 

We then went to the Top of the Rock to get a nice view of the city. It was kind of grey outside and I'm sure the view is prettier in summer when Central Park is green, but it was cool.



And of course I had to do a bridge.




       To end the evening, we ended up going to a comedy show. While walking through Times Square earlier we passed a guy selling tickets to a comedy show. He had to work hard to finally convince us to buy the tickets from him but we decided to go for it. We had nothing in particular planned and it was something new for both of us so we went to Comic Strip Live our first night.
     Since today was April Fool's day, going to a comedy show was the perfect way to celebrate the holiday. We even played a prank on one of the comedians. We were told at the beginning of the show which one to not laugh at any of his jokes until the guy gave us the signal to yell April Fools. That poor guy was sweating and kept switching his jokes up because hardly anyone was laughing. When we yelled April Fools, he was caught totally off guard and didn't know what jokes to tell us, so he ended up trying some new stuff on us which was funny.



   And now this post is long enough so part 2 will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment