Saturday, April 19, 2014

Cherry Blossoms and Mount Vernon

    The last few days of my trip were spent staying near Washington, DC. The last time I was in DC was 7 years ago! I can't believe it was that long ago as I remember the trip quite well. Here is me with the cherry blossoms back in April 2007.

      Alright back to 2014. Our first day, Brian, his parents and I took the train into the city in the morning and went to the Jefferson Memorial.


Then we walked around the Tidal Basin to see the cherry blossoms as they were just beginning to bloom.







       Our last stop for the day was the United States Botanic Garden. They had lots of beautiful orchids out for Easter.



       Our second day, we spent the morning at George Washington's Estate at Mount Vernon. The weather was absolutely beautiful! It was nice and sunny and the estate was gorgeous. I had some fun on the lawn doing some yoga and a bridge.




       In the afternoon, we went to Old Town Alexandria and the Torpedo Factory Art Center. If you ever get the chance to go to Old Town Alexandria, it's absolutely beautiful. There are also some amazing artists that sell their work at the Torpedo Factory Art Center.


         It was so nice to get away for a bit and I came back relaxed and refreshed, though with a lot to do as I prepare to move. Looking forward to my own apartment very soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment