Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Commitment Day 2013

         2012 was quite a year, graduating college, finding my first full time job, celebrating 3 years with my amazing boyfriend and meeting people at work.
         Last night I had a wonderful New Year's Eve hanging out with my friend at my house and watching netflix and playing games. I then woke up early this morning for a 5K. I know I'm crazy! I only walked the 5K though, because I have not run/prepared enough to actually run a 5K. I can't even run a full mile. Walking fast has always been better than running for me. I do hope I can change that this year. I hope to do more 5Ks in the spring/summer months, as it is a bit warmer then. It was a cold morning in Chicago, but at least the sun was out and it's always good to get some fresh air. So my dad and I went for a 5K walk and it took us 47 minutes. Along the walk, I took a few pictures of the lake. It was not a race by any means, the walk was not even timed, it was really just to have people get out and make a commitment to a healthy lifestyle this year.

getting ready at home

all bundled up (almost at the 2 mile mark)


        So Happy New Years! Here's to a healthy, happy year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment