Saturday, August 25, 2012

Random Acts


I know I haven’t written in a while. I have been so busy lately. I just recently got back from New York state, camping with my boyfriend. I was lucky enough to get 3 days off from work. Who knows when I’ll be able to take time off again within this 4 month training/interview period.

Anyway, I wanted to bring up a blog I’ve been reading lately. I heard about it on the radio one morning as I was headed to work. It’s called 366randomacts.org. A guy in Chicago made a New Year’s resolution to do a random act of kindness each day this year. I caught up on all the 200 entries or so in just 2 days! I think the blog is quite inspiring and there are some really simple tasks that one can do to help make a difference.

So I took the train last Friday night from Chicago to Syracuse, but I first had to take a train to downtown Chicago. My mom dropped me off at the station and as I was carrying my suitcase up the steps to the platform, I noticed a woman struggling to carry her bag up the steps and walk up the steps at the same time. I offered to help her and she was very appreciative. It made me feel so good that I helped someone. So that was my first truly random act of kindness. I also recently donated a few dollars to a friend who will be swimming a mile for cancer. My goal is to try to do one act of kindness each week if I can or at least a couple times a month to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment