Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

    Today at work was full of festivities for Halloween, from a costume contest, potluck and pumpkin decorating. I participated in the potluck by bringing a somewhat fancy creation. My co workers tell me I've set the bar so high now.
      First I carved a watermelon into a baby carriage for the baby shower back in June.


Then I made a rainbow out of fruit and veggies for a birthday celebration earlier this month at work...


...and today for Halloween, I made a pumpkin out of carrots, celery and blackberries and some ghosts out of bananas and chocolate chips.


   Honestly the watermelon baby was quite an experience and took the most time, but I enjoyed it and can't wait to make it again for another baby shower. The rainbow idea was not my own, as I searched for veggie plate ideas online. The Halloween plate idea I got from Pinterest. I love that site for cool veggie plates and recipes. Anyway it was still quite fun to put together and bring something other than a dessert and everyone loved it of course.
    After driving in the pouring rain and traffic after work, I finally made it home an hour later and found my sister dressed in one of my old costumes. Then I went up to my room and found her friend trying on another one of my costumes that I had completely forgotten about. I guess I had more costumes than I thought. I'm glad I didn't get rid of them as they can be reused. Well my sister told me that she didn't have any costumes and Chipotle will give you a burrito for $3 if you wear a costume. I didn't really want to go back out in the rain, but I also didn't feel like cooking dinner so why not throw on one of my old costumes and head out with them. It was definitely worth it to go out and get our burritos. :)

and for fun, here is my pumpkin for this Halloween.




No comments:

Post a Comment