Friday, October 5, 2012

Yoga and Reliving Australia through Photos


Today I went to my Friday Vinyasa Yoga class after work. I was told about this class one Friday while I was in the locker room and heard some ladies talking about the store Lululemon and joined in on their conversation mentioning that a store was in Evanston. They told me how great the instructor was and so the next week I checked out the class and I have now gone to 3 classes! I've done quite a few yoga classes with many different instructors and each instructor is different and I feel like most of the yoga classes I've done have been hatha yoga. Vinyasa yoga has definitely become my new favorite kind of yoga and this instructor seriously is AWESOME! Today we started a normal warm up routine with different breathing exercises and then suddenly we were doing some cardio to get moving with some nice workout music that sounded like it could fit into a zumba class. He always makes us laugh while we're in some pose during the class, which often makes the pose much harder. The class time flies by which is good and bad. Good because then I'm not looking at my watch like "omg 45 min left and I'm already sweating like crazy!" and bad because it's just so fun I don't want it to end sometimes. So anyway today we did the bridge pose in yoga and then had the option of doing the wheel pose. The wheel pose is my favorite and what I call a bridge pose. After class the yoga instructor complimented me on my wheel (bridge) pose and my 1 legged bridge as well.
Wheel yoga pose or what I refer to as a bridge pose. This is at Manly Beach in  Sydney, Australia
bridge pose

While I was in Australia in Spring 2011, I made a friend named Jenny who was also studying abroad and she gave me the idea for more interesting pictures. She would do the splits or some other fancy pose. I decided to do a bridge. So each place I went in Australia, I tried to find a place to do a bridge. Since then I have now continued to do a bridge each place I go. So here are some bridges from Australia where it all started...

my 1 legged bridge at the Blue Mountains. I love how the people in the background are like WOW








sand dunes

Sydney Botanic Gardens

Hyde Park, Sydney, Australia
                    My arch in my back definitely improved overtime in Australia and I love doing a bridge everywhere I go now, even if I get weird looks. I think one of my favorite photos was doing a bridge on the glass floor at the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower this summer. I have to admit I was never really scared to step on the glass floor, but doing a bridge and looking at the city upside down is a bit scarier, but makes for an AWESOME picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment