Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween cookies

My work held a Halloween Potluck yesterday and you had the choice of donating $5 towards food or bringing a dish. I choose to bring a dish as I had found some cool and creative Halloween treat ideas online. I decided to make tombstone brownies.
I used a basic sugar cookie recipe and hand cut tombstones because I couldn't find a tombstone cookie cutter just by itself anywhere. I then made a batch of brownies and had no idea how I was going to get the cookies to stay in the brownies, but while the brownies were still fresh from the oven, I put them in and put some frosting around them to act like glue to keep the cookies in place. They didn't turn out half bad. If there had been a most creative dish award at my office, I bet I would have won, as most of the desserts were store bought.
The potluck was a lot of fun and it was nice to have such a filling meal for lunch. Usually I just have a sandwich and some granola bars, but I made sure to fill up my plate with meat before adding the sweets on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment