Saturday, October 13, 2012

My New Appreciation for Fall

The last 4 years, I've been in Buffalo, NY for Fall. I had forgotten how pretty Fall really is outside of a cement and pine tree campus. Sure there were some pretty neighborhoods in Amherst and Buffalo, but I really didn't leave campus much other than to go to the grocery store or the occasional trip out for dinner. Last week, we had such a gorgeous fall day in the 70s and I sat outside to eat lunch along the bike/walking path around my work building.

 We have a nice pond and all the leaves had started to Fall. I enjoyed every second outside that day. Unfortunately since then, it has been in the 50s and 40s and quite windy on top of that, so I usually eat my lunch inside now with a co worker though, so it's nice to have a break to chat about non work related things.

Last weekend, my boyfriend, Brian, came for a visit. I was so much more relaxed with him here. We also got a chance to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. I got him a kindle and a wallet. He surprised me with a diamond heart necklace. I thought he was going to buy a tablet for me, so I was completely surprised and real diamonds! Diamond is my birth stone which I probably constantly remind him of as I've never had any real diamonds. I'm one lucky girl! Love him!


Saturday night we went out for dinner at a stir fry type of restaurant and then we went to see the movie The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which was different from what I expected from seeing the trailer  but we both enjoyed it.

Sunday we went to a pumpkin farm with one of my friends. There was a corn maze and lots of different animals to pet and feed and of course some big pumpkins! We picked out a big and perfect pumpkin. I also did a bridge at the pumpkin patch, because you don't get many opportunities to go to a pumpkin patch. The picture is absolutely priceless with a little girl staring at me like what is she doing? 


aren't we cute?!?

bridge over a pumpkin

Brian carrying our perfect pumpkin

having some fun
So I may not be able to pick apples around here, but at least there was a fun pumpkin farm to go to. A perfect afternoon activity!
Now the pictures of my simple pumpkin carving. One year I'll make a really really cool pumpkin and spend lots of time planning out the picture, but I didn't have a lot of time, so I went simple.
happy pumpkin!

our family pic with our pumpkin
It was a great weekend full of fun to celebrate Fall! Fall is pretty, but I'm still not liking these temperatures outside falling, because winter is right around the corner....




No comments:

Post a Comment