Monday, January 20, 2014

Blackhawks and Long Weekend

    Happy Martin Luther King day! I was so happy when my work announced that we were getting today off. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and if they have today off, hope you are enjoying that as well.
    Last Tuesday night I went to my first Blackhawks game. It was actually the first time I've ever watched hockey and can't say I really paid attention for the first and second periods of the game, but it was a fun night with my co workers. You just can't pass up the opportunity when you have box seats from your company.

   Yes I enjoyed those chicken fingers and chips and sprite for my dinner. I couldn't even remember the last time I had had a sprite and to be honest, I think I overdid the sugar that night because for the next day my stomach hurt. The dessert cart later didn't help....

   I really don't get the chance to eat cookies the size of my hand very often, so I couldn't resist! The rest of the evening, I was stuffed. I finally got into the game during the third period and started to actually follow where the puck was going. The stadium was rather quiet during the game, but when the Blackhawks scored, it was insanely loud with buzzers and cheers, so that was hard to miss!
this was when they scored their second goal
      The Blackhawks ended up being tied at the end of the third period so the game went into overtime. So here you have my overtime face...

    Unfortunately, in the end, the Blackhawks lost, but I have to say I was fully paying attention through overtime anxious to see who would score, other than when I took that selfie of course.

     After staying out late on the Tuesday, the rest of the week just felt off. On Wednesday it felt like it should have been Friday already and the week was tiring as it was our first 40 hour work week since before Christmas, seeing as the past week we had a lot of weather related time off. Eventually Friday came, but I felt awful.
        Unfortunately I've been sick since Friday, but all the sleeping in I've done this weekend is slowly helping. Despite being sick, I was able to get my errands done on Saturday morning that I had planned, including shopping for my friend's baby shower gift, which I'm so excited about!
       Sunday I went bowling with another friend as an early celebration for her birthday since I will be out of town at the baby shower on her birthday. My goal was to score over 100 in each game, but I only scored in the 80s.

It was great to get some bowling practice in also since on Wednesday my company starts their bowling league. I don't bowl often, nor very well (unless I get lucky), but it will be fun anyway. Today I plan to just take it easy and try to relax and hope that I feel better for the work week ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment