Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Election Day and WIAW #1

    Hey guys! Happy Wednesday!! I have to remind myself what day of the week it is now that I'm unemployed...After 2 weeks of being unemployed, I'm getting better at sleeping until nearly 8am, but I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Yesterday I actually had to wake up at 4am since I was working election day, literally ALL DAY. I worked 5 am to 8:30 pm. I thought the day was going to go by so slow, but it actually didn't feel like working nearly 16 hours, because I had a good book to read on my Kindle (The Lake Trilogy: Book 2 in case you were wondering).
      The sad part about yesterday was probably the lack of voters. We had a booklet of over 800 people and by the end of the day, 57 people came to vote. I can't really say much about that because I didn't know the candidates and didn't vote either. One voter made a good point though "everyone complains about the government and come voting day no one shows up. They don't understand how to make a change." That's definitely the truth. Anyway enough about election day. With my long day, meant lots of food to be packed. I'd rather have more food than not enough so I packed a lot. So I'm linking up with Jenn for WIAW for the first time. Sorry the pics are not the best, took them the night before when packing everything.

breakfast - sausage, fruit and peanut butter cheerios
                Late morning, we got a donut delivery and I love sprinkles on my donuts so I couldn't pass this one up. I also made a mess since we had no napkins and sprinkles dropped in my lap with every bite...oops. 

lunch - spinach salad with honey ham and veggies (also ate apple and peanut butter from the snack pic below)
               
snacks (I actually only ate the apple and peanut butter and some of the pretzels)

dinner - roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potato and this
I also have to mention that it was thanks to Amy's post on Sunday that I found that spaghetti squash pizza recipe. I already had all the ingredients except for the sausage and it sounded delicious so I had to try it. I will definitely be making it again. Here is a pic when it came out of the oven.


    Well those are my eats from yesterday. I hope you enjoyed them. I loved meal planning this week. It certainly makes packing breakfast, lunch and dinner faster. It is also nice to have healthy and delicious food to look forward to when you have a long day of work ahead. 







No comments:

Post a Comment